A heat-sensitive paint that reversibly changes from colourless to magenta red
when the temperature drops below 0°C.
Thermo Marker is the ideal solution to warn of black ice when the ground is frozen.
Particularly useful to draw attention in high traffic areas: local authorities,
public works, city planning, car parks, logistics sites, businesses, etc).
• The application of a protective varnish further
lengthens the life of the marking: THERMO
PROTECT (ref. 18310).
• Dust-dry time: 30 minutes.
• Autonomy: 1m2/can, equivalent to
approximately 10 stencils (ref. 451731). (An
indicative value provided for information only).
• On average allow 1 aerosol of THERMO
PROTECT for 1 aerosol of THERMO MARKER.
• Marking lifetime: 1 winter when a layer of
THERMO MARKER (ref. 18310) protective varnish
• Application temperature: -15°C to 20°C
Pigments: reversible thermochromic pigments
that change from colourless to magenta red,
Solvent: mixed aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Important: avoid applying the product before
or during the summer in order to ensure
that it lasts through to the end of the winter.
1. Preparing the surface: apply a BASE COAT
• Thermo Marker paint should preferably be applied over a pale yellow or white background
to ensure it is clearly visible when temperatures
drop below freezing.
For best results, we recommend using our yellow TRACING paint as a base
coat, together with our square stencil speci cally
designed for the purpose.
If using any other yellow/white background, a preliminary test is advisable to verify the compatibility of our THERMO MARKER paint.
• Before applying the THERMO MARKER, ensure
that the surface is clean and dry (approximately
25 minutes for yellow Tracing paint).
2. Applying thermo marker
• Hold the THERMO MARKER aerosol head down
and shake vigorously to thoroughly mix the paint,
continue even after you can clearly hear the ball
• Apply the THERMO MARKER paint at a distance
of approximately 20 cm from the surface in a
minimum of 4 successive light even coats, applied
in different directions for optimal coverage.
For an even more effective warning sign, we recommend using our black ice warning stencil.
For improved ease of application, the product can also be applied using our SOPPEC applicator
3. Protection: Applying Thermo Protect
Once the Thermo Marker paint is dry, we recommend applying the protective varnish in a thin even layer over the treated surface. This reduces the sensitivity of the thermochromic
pigments to UV rays and increases the lifetime of the Thermo Marker marking.