A heat-sensitive paint that reversibly changes from colourless to magenta red
when the temperature drops below 0°C.
Thermo Marker is the ideal solution to warn of black ice when the ground is frozen. Particularly useful to draw attention in high traffic areas: local authorities, public works, city planning, car parks, logistics sites, businesses, etc).
• The application of a protective varnish further
lengthens the life of the marking: THERMO
PROTECT (ref. 18310).
• Dust-dry time: 30 minutes.
• Autonomy: 1m2/can, equivalent to
approximately 10 stencils (ref. 451731). (An
indicative value provided for information only).
• On average allow 1 aerosol of THERMO PROTECT for 1 aerosol of THERMO MARKER.
• Marking lifetime: 1 winter when a layer of THERMO MARKER (ref. 18310) protective varnish is applied.
• Application temperature: -15°C to 20°C
Pigments: reversible thermochromic pigments that change from colourless to magenta red, and back.
Solvent: mixed aliphatic hydrocarbons.
Important: avoid applying the product before or during the summer in order to ensure that it lasts through to the end of the winter.
1. Preparing the surface: apply a BASE COAT
• Thermo Marker paint should preferably be applied over a pale yellow or white background
to ensure it is clearly visible when temperatures
drop below freezing.
For best results, we recommend using our yellow TRACING paint as a base coat, together with our square stencil speci cally designed for the purpose.
If using any other yellow/white background, a preliminary test is advisable to verify the compatibility of our THERMO MARKER paint.
• Before applying the THERMO MARKER, ensure that the surface is clean and dry (approximately 25 minutes for yellow Tracing paint).
2. Applying thermo marker
• Hold the THERMO MARKER aerosol head down and shake vigorously to thoroughly mix the paint, continue even after you can clearly hear the ball bearings.
• Apply the THERMO MARKER paint at a distance of approximately 20 cm from the surface in a minimum of 4 successive light even coats, applied in different directions for optimal coverage.
For an even more effective warning sign, we recommend using our black ice warning stencil.
For improved ease of application, the product can also be applied using our SOPPEC applicator gun.
3. Protection: Applying Thermo Protect
Once the Thermo Marker paint is dry, we recommend applying the protective varnish in a thin even layer over the treated surface. This reduces the sensitivity of the thermochromic pigments to UV rays and increases the lifetime of the Thermo Marker marking.
Čia galite įrašyti papildomą informaciją. Jei tokios informacijos neturite, šį tekstą ar skiltį galite paslėpti spustelėję piktogramą viršuje dešinėje.